Life as we know it

Since coming back from California life has been good.  I think with all the craziness of having a baby with medical complications and colic, we were knocked off our feet.  And as every parent can tell you, you are basically a hostage till they are between 4-6 months or at least sleeping through most of the night.

It was wonderful having Danee help us learn how to keep living with a baby.  Jim and I haven't spent, well any time with people who have babies.  Being in the single wards so long you forget that families and little people exist, or at least I did.  This past week I've had some time to reflect on where I am now in my life... baby, marriage, career at home for the time being.  These are all things I didn't spend much time planning for.  I spent years planning for graduate school and my career.  I have learned that if I don't work for something I tend not to appreciate it as much.  This filled both Jim and I with guilt as so many people we know have struggled for these things.

As I have gotten back into a daily routine, I have worked on appreciating my little family.  It has been wonderful to see Jim bounce back and enjoy Eliza as she has been learning to laugh and make silly noises.  We have started what I hope will be a new tradition of cuddling in bed together (Eliza sandwiched in the middle) in the mornings while reading the scriptures together as a family.

Thank you to all our friends and family that have lent their time, support, and prayers.

- Danielle, Jim, & Eliza

No comments:

Post a Comment